3DA - What's New for 2018
1) You can now enter into more than one class and style.
For example if you want to shoot Traditional in the Unmarked Distance Competition (UDC) and
Open Pro Compound in the Known Distance Competition (KDC) you can.
2) In an effort to make admin more efficient we are going to run a pre-book policy for the two main competitions (UDC and KDC).
You can pay on the day but please remember you need to pre-book by the Monday prior to the event. If you pre-book you are committing yourself to attend, so if you don't turn up you will still have to pay.
3) Rule Changes for the Bowhunter Style:
The Bow must either a Recurve, Flatbow, Longbow or of a Historical design, without wheels or cams. Release aid, sights and draw checks are not permitted. One Front Stabilizer under 12" may be used. Arrows must be shot off the shelf or arrow rest. Plunger buttons may be used. One finger must touch the arrow nock and must use one consistent anchor point on draw. No marks on the sight window, string, or bow to be used as an aiming or judging reference. All arrows can be made from Carbon, Aluminium or Wood with a Plastic or Feather Fletch and must be identical in size, weight and construction.
4) Bigger and better awards for the Shooter of the Year:
1st Place in the Pro Classes will receive £250.00 cash and a Certificate.
1st Place in the Amateur Classes will receive £100.00 TAC Voucher and a Certificate.
1st Place in the Junior Amateur Classes will receive £50.00 TAC Voucher and a Certificate.
(There must be a minimum of 5 competitors in the Adult classes and 3 competitors in the Junior classes - if these numbers are not met then Prize values will be reduced accordingly).
5) The TAC K-30 and K-50 competitions will run the same as they did last year, but now all of your scores will stand. So you could come 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Remember each time you compete in this event you will automatically get one entry into the
Grand Prize Draw.
6) The DS-Archery Long Shot will be raising funds for "Help the Heroes".
Each time you compete in this event you will automatically get one entry into the Grand Prize Draw.
Plus each time you hit your dot over the course of the year you will be entitled to shoot one arrow in the Long Shot Finals - for example 4 hits = 4 shots in the Finals, etc.
7) Grand Prize Draw Tickets will be on sale over the course of the year at £2.00 per ticket.
The prize pot can be viewed on the 3DA website and more prizes will be added over the course
of the year.
8) Door Prize. One amazing door will be given to one competitor at each Event. The winner will be drawn from the UDC and KDC score cards handed in on Saturday. The draw will take place on Sunday at the break between the UDC and KDC.